Dear Parents & Caregivers,
Please see attached a letter from Executive Director, Greg Whitby regarding latest updates on COVID-19 (coronavirus) – dated from Friday 6 March, 2020.
The latest advice is as follows:
- Any student or staff member who has been in, or transited through, mainland China (not just Hubei province), Iran or South Korea is excluded from work, school or child care services for 14 days from the date they left mainland China, Iran or South Korea (as the COVID-19 incubation period can be as long as two weeks). Please note that South Korea was added to this list on Thursday 5 March.
- While there is currently no ban on travellers from Italy, there are now enhanced screening processes for travellers from that country.
- Any confirmed case of COVID-19 will be excluded from school or workplaces until they are medically cleared to return.
- Anyone who has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will be excluded for 14 days since last contact with the confirmed case.
- Students and staff who have returned to Australia from mainland China or Iran more than 14 days ago and have shown no symptoms are able to return to school.
To support the continued health and wellbeing of students, staff and school communities, hygiene is very important, including good handwashing practices. A reminder that students and staff should not attend school or other workplaces if they feel unwell.
Further information is also available from NSW Health.
We will keep you updated as the COVID-19 matter continues to evolve.